To access the online catalog to place holds for physical items click here.
To access content to read/watch/listen to from home click here.
Download our apps below to have 24/7 access to your library materials on all your devices!
Download Libby to access eBooks, eAudiobooks,
and digital magazines.
Please Note: Sign in to your account by finding "eLibrary NJ." When asked where you use your library card, choose "Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium."
Detailed instructions can be found here.
Who can get a library card?
- Anyone who lives, works, attends school, or owns property in Long Branch is entitled to a free Library card. If you do not fall into one of these categories, we charge only $20 per year for a subscription card. Children must be able to write their name to get a Library card.
How do I get a library card?
- Get a temporary card right away here. To get a permanent card, please bring ID and proof of your address/school/employment/property to the library and we will sign you up!
What types of items can I borrow?
- The Long Branch Library has books, audiobooks, movies & TV shows, video games, music, magazines, museum passes, and hotspots available inside the library. We also have ebooks, audiobooks, movies & TV shows, music, and magazines available to stream or download.
How many items can I borrow?
- On an adult card in good standing, you can borrow unlimited books, 5 dvds, 5 music cds, 5 video games, 2 museum passes and 1 hotspot. A child can borrow 10 books, 1 dvd, 5 music cds, and 5 video games, and 1 hotspot.
How long can I keep my items?
- Books, magazines, and cds are lent for 14 days and can be renewed up to twice. Dvds are lent for 7 days and cannot be renewed. Video games are lent for 14 days and cannot be renewed.
What happens if I return my items after the due date?
- The fine for the late return of reading or music items (books, audiobooks, magazines, cds, etc.) is 10 cents per item per day. The late return of dvds and video games are $1 per item per day.
What if I can't find the item I want?
- The Long Branch Library is a member of a consortium of about 30 libraries in New Jersey. We are able to borrow items from these libraries. Still can't find it? We can request an item from any library in New Jersey.
What if I break or lose an item?
- If an item is lost of broken during the time it is in your possession, we do charge a replacement fee. The fee varies by item. Please contact the Circulation Manager for more information.